Workshop - 01 Schedule
"Experimental On-Line Bardo Workshop"
Saturday, February 14th
10:00 a.m. - 10:45 a.m -- "Opening Address" -E.J. Gold / Claude Needham
10:45 a.m. - noon -- "A Wish to Work" - Claude Needham
Noon - 1 p.m. -- "Use Your Ears to Get In Gear" -Yanesh / CloisterRecordings
1:00p.m. - 2:00 p.m. -- "Invocational Writing Circle" -Iven Lourie
- ...you're on a cruise...the ship starts to go down... it's all you can do to keep your head above water...somehow you get your hands on a life jacket... In the stormy waters of transformation the talk tapes have served in that very same way for many seekers. Using the technology of audio streaming the group will listen to 3 segments of 3 chosen talk tapes and enter into a discussion about how to implement these strong work ideas into every day life. "WBAI Radio Interview - Inner Awakening & Transformation", "Whole Body Attention" and " Conflict Management" are the tapes that will be worked with (in case you'd like to get a head start).
2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. -- "Aims and Goals" -Robbert Trice
- We will meet in a circle to compose poetry or other texts together. Experiments with this method have produced interesting collaborative texts, something other or larger than one person alone might write. No prior experience is necessary, and you won't even need a pen or pencil. You are welcome to join in this circle--the more the better--to explore creativity in an electronic environment, a new paradigm for group efforts defying separations of time and space.
3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. -- "Painting the Real World" -Della Heywood & the Grass Valley Graphics Group
- Stuck, confused, on a treadmill, in the grind, can't get anything happening? Too busy, distracted or apathetic to get to work? Suffering distress and pangs of conscience? Can't exactly live with the way things are, something missing? Not quite sure just what to do? Try aims and goals - a tool for Voluntary Evolution.
4: 00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. -- "The Medicine Wheel - follow up" -Dru Kristel & Marta Jones
- A chance to meet with the senior students/artists of the Institute to discuss the use of art in one's work. What is Objective Art?
5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. -- Break
- This follow up workshop was promised to many of you and now it is here. First timers to the Medicine Wheel are welcome to join the workshop.
5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m . -- "For Your Viewing Pleasure" -David Franco
( everyone is welcomed to stay during the break for an open discussion)
7:00 p.m. -10:00 p.m. -- Valentine's Day Auction -the HEI (Heidelberg Editions International) group
10:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. -- "Morris' Comedy Club" -Rose Gander
11:00 p.m. - 8:00 a.m. -- "Gaming with Gorebag" -The Whole Gang
Sunday, February 15th
8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m -- "Practically Working---On Self" -DavidFranco
- Auction Preview & Walkthrough
9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. -- "How to Do an ABD Reading On Line" -Pat Elizabeth
- A group of us have been working weekly for over 9 months with the detailed exercises as set forth in E.J. Gold's " Practical Work on Self". Each chapter details exercises and steps for work that each of us can employ. Join us for an hour of discussion to see where we have been and where you can go with this material.
10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. -- "Eurochat - Chatting Around the World David Franco
- This workshop will cover the basics of how to perform a reading in cyberspace. What to wear, how to address the Voyager in the reading space, and how to set up a good working "invocational" space online. The participants will have the opportunity to practice in the workshop and to ask questions about doing ABD (American Book of the Dead) readings in general.
- We hit on the idea, of having a chat at a time convenient for our European friends. What started out as a casual get together, has blossomed into cell of workers from Norway, Spain, Italy, Germany, Denmark, and Argentina. Join us and hear the chat, shot around the world...seekers with serious work questions accumulating important work data.
- Closing Address
© Copyright 1998 Slimeworld -- All rights reserved --